To initiate charging through our app, simply tap on the “Charge” command next to an available charging point displayed in the station’s details.
The following conditions must be met for the Charge command to be available. These have been covered in this article above, but here is a summary:
- A charging point with a supported connector for your car is available.
- An invoicing email and valid payment method have been set in the EV mode settings.
- The charging station allows App authorization.
The next steps after pressing the Charge command are:
- To set your car’s current battery charge level, which will improve the accuracy of the charging estimation. This step is optional.
- Connecting the charger with your car before pressing the Start Charging button.
- Now you can view the estimated charging progress, based on your battery capacity and charger power, on the screen in Sygic. If you minimize this screen or close your Sygic app while charging, an icon to take you back to it will be on the main Sygic screen with the map.
- To end the charging just press the Stop Charging button at the bottom of the charging progress screen and confirm in the dialogue window. If the charging could not be stopped remotely, it will inform you on the screen and you can either retry to rule out a temporary/random issue or stop the charging manually directly on the charger.
Note: the chargers currently do not always communicate back to the app, so if you stop it directly on the charger the app may still be showing that the charging process is ongoing. The data on the screen are estimates for informational purposes. This will not affect your payment; you will always be billed accurately based on the actual data from the charger.