- Content Variations: When working with layers containing multiple content variations, you can specify which combinations of content are exported.
- Custom Export List: For projects with multiple layers where you don’t want all layers included in every export, you can configure specific combinations of layers and layer content, and export only those configurations.
- Current Setup: Exports the current canvas contents, excluding any layers or content variations which are not currently displayed.
Each tab is focused on a particular workflow. The details below outline the options available for each, and the workflow involved.
The Content Variation option is useful for projects where you have layers containing multiple content variations. For example, If you are processing a quantity of green screen photos, and wish to export each one with multiple backgrounds, to view different options. Or perhaps you are building a composite, and there are several different elements that you are considering, and it would be helpful to see the final result with each one, to decide which option works best. The content variation tab makes it easy to export every possible combination, or select specific combinations and only export those.
In the example shown here, we have a project with two layers. The “Greenscreen” layer contains multiple green screen images, and the “Backgrounds” layer contains multiple background images. Layers without multiple content items will not be listed, here, but will be included in all exports.
- All: When All is selected, a unique image will be exported for every content variation contained in the layer.
- Selection: If you do not wish to use every content variation, click Selection. By default this changes so that only the currently selected content variation is used, but you can alter the selection to include multiple images.
- Thumbnails: When Selection is enabled, a thumbnail for each image included in the selection will be displayed, as seen for the Greenscreen layer in the example above.
- Change Selection: If you wish to change which images are included in the selection, click the Change Selection button. This will open a dialog where you can select which images are included:
Thumbnails are shown for every variation, and listed in one of two categories, Selected or Not Selected. Click on any thumbnail to move that image from its current category into the other category.When you are satisfied with the selection, click OK to close the dialog.
- Export list summary: At the bottom of the tab, a summary of the total number of image variations is given, factoring in the total number of selected content variations for each layer, and the current number of Output configurations you have set up.
- Add to export queue: Click the Add to Export Queue button at the lower right to add all content variations to the queue.
Custom Export List
Custom Exports are beneficial for projects where you want to create multiple exports, but you don’t want every layer in the project to be included in each export. Custom export is particularly useful for projects where each layer only contains a single content variation, but you want to limit which layers are included in each export.
Before anything is listed in the Custom Export list, you will need to create some custom export configurations, in the Edit tab, by following these steps:
- Set up the project as you want it to appear in the export, by adjusting which layers are visible, what effects and mask are applied, etc.
- At the top right of the interface, click the Add to export list button.
- In the dialog which opens, type a name for the batch item, then click OK.
You can do this multiple times for different configurations of your project. Each time you do, a new item will be added to your Custom Export List. In this example, three items have been added:
Each item can be opened to view a detailed list of exactly which layers are included in it, and which content variation is included for each layer, if applicable. Version 1 and Version 2 in the image above each include a different set of layers and content variations
- Adding new items: New items can only be added to the list from the Edit tab. If you wish to add another item, click the Toggle batch/edit tabs button to move back to the edit tab.
- Removing items: Click the displayed to the right of any item name to remove that item from the list.
- Export list summary: At the bottom of the list, a summary of the total number of images included in the list is given, factoring in the total number of items in the list, and the current number of Output configurations you have set up.
- Add to export queue: Click the Add to Export Queue button at the lower right to add all items in your custom export list to the queue.
This option allows you to export the current canvas contents, to each of the output configurations listed in the Outputs section. Visible layers are rendered with their current content variations, and disabled layers are excluded.
- Export list summary: At the bottom of the tab, a summary of the total number of images included in the batch is given. In the case of current setup, this will include the current canvas, multiplied by the current number of Output configurations you have set up.
- Add to export queue: Click the Add to Export Queue button at the lower right to add your current setup to the queue.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.