The Wi-Fi Dongle needs to be a dongle that is supported for the Mag 250 Box a list of these can be found on the follwing link Wi-Fi Dongles
Before starting this process make sure you have the following information.
Network ID/Name, Password/Pin/Clave
This information is normally on the bottom of the router.
If you do not know this information. You will need to contact your Internet
provider, who should be able to advise you.
Follow the instructions below. Step by Step.
- Connect the box as per connection instruction to the TV using either the supplied AV connector or an HDMI cable from the HDMi port on the box to an available port on the TV.
- Insert the WIFI Dongle into spare usb port either at the front or rear of the box.
- Connect the power to the Box.
- You should see loading screen’s on the TV,. If not you will need to select the input you have connected the box via to your TV on your TV remote control.
- You should after a short time see a screen saying PAGE LOADING ERROR.
- On the screen you should be able to see 4 coloured Spots.
- On your IPTV box remote press the Blue button.Next you should see NETWORK hilighted in Red.
If not use your up, down, left, right arrows until it is.PRESS OK.
- use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight WIRELESS WIFI Press OK
- use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight AUTO (DCHP) Press OK
- Use down arrow to highlight SCAN Press OK.You will see all the Wifi systems that are detectable by the Box.
Shown on screen..
- Use up/down arrows to select your router network Press OK.
- Use Down arrow to hilight Key or Passphrase box. PRESS KB button on remote, a virtual keyboard will show on screen. use your up, down, left, right arrows to select the letters and/or digits that make up your PIN/Clave. Press ok when you have the desired letter number highlighted.
- There is a Cap key to the left to change from upper to lower case. Passwords ARE case sensitive.
- When your full password id showing in the box. Press KB button to remove keyboard from screen.
- Press down arrow until Ok is highlighted in Red press OK. use your up, down, left, right arrows to highlight REBOOT.
Press OK press OK to say yes.
- The system will reboot it will come to the TV screen you are ready to view.
If you return to the original PAGE LOADING ERROR screen. With the coloured spots. You have either.
1. Selected the wrong WIFI network from the available network list. 2 You have inputed the wrong Password/Pin/Clave.
These are case sensitive O’s and Zeros can easily be misread.If the router has not had its original password and network info changed.This information is normally on the bottom of the router. If you persist to have problems you will need to contact your internet provider for the relevant information.