The Defect Management screen can be found in the Results section of the Testimony Context menu
Once selected, it shows you a list of all the defects generated as a result of your playback.
Useful information contained here includes:
- Defect description: This contains the affected object (transaction code, batch job name, etc.) and a summary of the issue (e.g., “Unexpected message” or “Unexpected next screen”).
- Priority: This is set to the default of “Unknown” by the defect proposal run, but can be changed to indicate prioritisation
- Status: The current status of the defect, which can be one of the following:
- Proposed: This is the status given to all defects by the defect proposal run. All other statuses need to be manually set during defect investigation
- New: Can be used indicated that a defect is under initial review (for example during the Basis triage)
- Assigned: Has been assigned to someone but has not yet been picked up
- In Progress: Is being investigated
- Complete: Has been resolved
- Cancelled: Has been cancelled as this is not a genuine defect
- Curr. Assignment: The Testimony user to whom the defect has been assigned for investigation.
- RCA: Root Cause Analysis of Defect (if enabled)
It is possible to filter the list so that you only see, for example, the defects that are assigned to you, or those for a particular transaction code.