An alternative version of the Manager’s View has been developed based on an ALV Grid instead of an ALV Tree. This version is more suited to large Teams and is recommended when the anticipated number of Team Members, Watched Items and Assigned Work Requests approaches or is likely to exceed 1,000 nodes (see OSS Note 1020773) to avoid runtime memory issues due to known SAP Gui constraints.
To activate this feature please turn on the following configuration setting via Transaction SM30 (Table Maintenance) in table /BTI/MDE_C_OPT: Option 25 – BWC Manager View Grid.
Note that this new version will typically be turned on for new implementations of BDEx going forward. The previous version will continue to be supported for the time being and can be reactivated by unsetting this same BDEx Option.
The same Manager-specific functions continue to be supported in both versions, however the new version provides greater flexibility in terms of layout selection and column adjustment, display selection and sub-totalling.
ALV Tree version
ALV Grid version
Both versions support the following functionality with implicit removal of the current Processor status:
- Replace All – Returns work requests assigned to a specific Team Member back to the Team’s queue (or wherever the work requests were assigned before)
- Forward All – Enables work requests assigned to a specific Team Member to be forwarded to a new Processor via a selection pop-up
- Reassign All – Enables work requests to be re-assigned to a different Team (or intended recipient, such as an Organizational Unit)
In addition to these Manager functions the new ALV Grid version also provides the following ALV Layouts as standard:
- By Assignments (default) – /DEF_GRID
- By Class/Subclass – /DEF_GRIDSUB
- By Users – /DEF_GRIDUSR