The Insert menu function makes you able to add various different lines that makes up a complete product description.
Insert works on the line you have selected and downwards.
- Insert Item is for adding a new or keying/selecting an item. Selecting an existing item is done using the look up button in the number field to access the BC item list.
- Insert Operation is for adding an operation step.
- Insert 1st operation is for adding an operation step to the finished item (CadConnect header item) Please note that inserting an operation will automatically add a Routing-line above.
- Insert Routing is for selecting an existing BC routing. Selecting an existing route is done using the look up button in the number field to access the BC routing list.
- Insert Main routing is for adding an existing BC routing to the finished item (CadConnect header item).Selecting an existing route is done using the look up button in the number field to access the BC routing list.
Read more about using routings in CadConnect in the Setup-section Re-use routings
As an alternative to using the menu functions “insert Routing” and “Insert Main routing” you can enter the selected existing routing no. in the field “Template Routingno.” In the header or on an item type line.
- Insert Surface is for adding a variant to a component line. The variant will be added above the currently active line.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.