- The RVIWEB instance on the server must already be setup and running.
- The directory /CGIBIN must exist on the server. If it does not, create it using the command CRTDIR ‘CGIBIN’.
- Go to www.realvisionsoftware.com, Support, Login rvi4579, RVI Version 8.0, select RVIINET30079.zip, download the file.
- Unzip the contents of RVIINET30079.zip into /CGIBIN.
- Setup LPKFLAG control file parameter.
a. On an IBM i command line, type GO IMAGE (You must have RVILIB in your library list.)
b. Option 8 Maintenance Menu
c. Option 7 Maintain System Control File Parameters
d. Set control file parameter LPKFLAG to 3,0,0,79
When viewing documents in One Look using RVIINET, the browser compares the RVIINet.CAB Version (version=3,0,0,79) indicated in the control file parm LPKFLAG with the installed version on the PC. If updates are required for the web viewer, an updated RVIINet installation is automatically downloaded and installed on the PC.
In order to ensure all clients are updated with the latest version from a single source, the updated RVIINET.LPK and RVIINET.CAB files must exist in the CGIBIN directory of the referenced internet server and the LPKFLAG set to the current version. The Host System Manager is responsible for downloading and updating the latest version from the Real Vision Software web site.