This section contains information on how to install the Lightning Conductor Web Part (LCWP) for Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013. It is essential to read and complete the installation steps before you can add the Lightning Conductor Web Part to a SharePoint page. Information on using and configuring the LCWP can be found later in the documentation.
Once you have installed the Lightning Conductor Web Part farm solution you should test the installation by adding one of the Web Part to either a wiki page or a Web Part page in the site collection where you have activated the Lightning Conductor 2013 Web Part site collection feature.
Use the following steps to install the Lightning Conductor Web Part:
- Upload the LightningConductor2013webpart.wsp solution package to the SharePoint® 2013 farm.
- Deploy the solution to the required Web Applications.
- Activate the Lightning Conductor 2013 license key if you are not using the trial version of the Web Part.
- Activate the Lightning Conductor Web Part site collection feature on the required site collections
- Test the installation by adding the Web Part to a page
From time to time we will provide an update for the web part. This is on average every 12 weeks.