Skipping and Approvals are two ActiveControl features used by almost all customers. Despite their popularity within the product, Basis Technologies have occasionally received feedback from existing customers requesting additional flexibility and versatility in the functionality, such as:
1) To be able to define Approvers based on a combination of criteria, and not only the Transport Form [Group] field.
2) To be able to create AND, OR and NOT logic-based skipping rules.
3) To be able to create rules whereby transports created by specific external resources stopped for additional approvals.
4) To be able to create rules whereby particularly old transports stopped for additional approvals.
5) To be able to create ‘template’ skipping rules, that can be reused to avoid having to configure duplicated rules.
During early 2019, Basis Technologies have worked on a co-innovation project with one of the largest SAP customers in the world to enhance ActiveControl to support their complex landscape and process requirements. To achieve this customer’s requirements – and to deliver on feedback received from them and other ActiveControl users – a new Rules Engine has been developed which can be used to create more complex rules for Skipping and Approvals. It is also expected that this Rules Engine will be extended in future releases of ActiveControl to enable rules to be created in other areas of the product such as Import Schedules, Test Assignments and Email Notifications.
Details on how to setup Rules Engine for Skipping and/or Approvals can be found in the Administration Guide and in online FAQ articles. Basis Technologies would recommend this functionality is implemented with formal support from a Basis Technologies solution specialist.