Recent changes to standard SAP Code Inspector resulted in a lot more results being presented by the ShiftLeft: DevEnforcer analysers. A lot of these results related to Informational and Warning messages, which could be a distraction from the real Errors that actually needed to be dealt with.
On the back of feedback from existing ActiveControl customers, the existing set of DevEnforcer analysers have therefore been enhanced so that it is possible to exclude such Informational and/or Warning messages from the analyser output.
In addition, it is also now possible to filter out historical issues – i.e. any code problems that do not relate to the actual transport(s) / being analysed. This may help customers in the scenario where a new SI partner has inherited code with historical issues that they did not deliver, so that they can initially focus on ensuring that they are not adding new coding issues during their change delivery.
- [CIEXCL_EXISTING_ISSUES]: can be used to display the Code Inspector results in following modes:
LIST_ALL – All the CI issues that have been existing will be listed
LIST_BOTH_SEP – issues that have been existing and issues that are introduced with the current transport will be displayed with separate section.
LIST_NEW – Only issues that are introduced with the current transport will be displayed
EXCLUDE_BOTH: Exclude both Informational and Warning messages from DevEnforcer results. Only Errors will be reported.
EXCLUDE_INFO: Exclude only Informational messages. Warning and Error messages will be reported.
EXCLUDE_WARNING: Exclude only Warning messages. Information and Errors messages ill be reported.
- [CISID]: SAP System ID for Execution. Specify the system ID (e.g. D01) where the Code Inspector variant is to be run from.
- [CITARGET]: Target System for Execution if CISID is not specified. Specify the target system ID (e.g. 0001) where the Code Inspector variant is to be run from. * *
- [CIUSER]: Code Inspector Execution User. Leave blank for global variants
- [CIVARIANT]: Code Inspector Variant name
Notes on [CIEXCL_EXISTING_ISSUES] parameter:
(i) All Code Inspector issues will be listed by default if nothing set via this parameter
(ii) If the parameter is maintained, then it is mandatory to maintain [CIREFSID] parameter also, this holds the SID where the changes are to be imported.