If Orchid Core VMS is not receiving a live video stream from a camera:
- Try selecting a lower-resolution stream at the Player. (If you haven’t already configured Secondary streams, refer to the Multi-stream Capabilities and Edit Camera Stream Settings sections for more info. Keep in mind that all Primary and Secondary streams, if they are set to record, will consume additional disk space.)
- Use the System Status feature in Orchid Core VMS to test the camera preview, restart the camera stream, or verify the network connection between the camera and Orchid Core VMS. (This may lead you to try the Recover Camera feature.)
- Perform the check associated with packet loss.
- If you are running Orchid Core VMS in WebRTC mode, but one of your Players appears to be stuck in Low-bandwidth mode, check the camera stream settings. Make sure that the Encoder is set to H264. (WebRTC mode does not support JPEG or MPEG4.) (For additional troubleshooting suggestions, please refer to the WebRTC Troubleshooting section.)
If you have issues with recorded video being unavailable, you may need to check a variety of things:
- Use the Streams section of Orchid Core VMS’s Camera Configuration feature to make sure that the recording style is set to record video.
- Use Orchid Core VMS’s Retention Policy to see how much video is actually being stored for any given camera. For critical cameras, you may need to increase the desired retention setting.
- There may be an issue with the system time setting on the Orchid Core VMS server. This can occur when the system time is reset (for daylight savings time, for example). To fix this issue, you should restart the Orchid Server service. (Refer to the Orchid Core VMS Installation Guide for more details.) If that doesn’t work, you should restart the computer on which Orchid Core VMS is installed.
- There are a small number of ONVIF compatible cameras that display unusual behavior (which can prevent Orchid from being able to record video from these cameras). Using the Recover Camera feature may resolve the issue with these cameras.
- There may be an issue with packet loss due to network infrastructure. If the packet loss rate is high, Orchid Core VMS may not be able to successfully record the video. There are a couple of ways to check for packet loss. Please refer to the next topic for more details.
Thanks for your feedback.