Cellecta’s CRISPRtest™ Essential-Gene Cas9 Activity Kits are easy-to-use, highly sensitive assays to measure functional Cas9 activity in human cell lines. It is intended as a companion product for high-throughput, CRISPR-based genetic screening or generation of isogenic knockout cell lines.
There are different versions of the CRISPRtest Essential-Gene Cas9 Assay for human and mouse cells, and versions with either a blue or green fluorescence readout.
- CRISPRtest™ Functional Cas9 Essential-Gene Knockout Assay for Human Cells, GFP / RFP Fluorescence (cat.# CRTEST)
- CRISPRtest_Blue™ Functional Cas9 Essential-Gene Knockout Assay for Human Cells, BFP / RFP Fluorescence (cat.# CRTESTB)
- CRISPRtest™ Mouse Functional Cas9 Essential-Gene Knockout Assay for Murine Cells, GFP / RFP Fluorescence (cat.# CRTESTM)
- CRISPRtest_Blue™ Mouse Functional Cas9 Essential-Gene Knockout Assay for Murine Cells, BFP / RFP Fluorescence (cat.# CRTESTMB)
- CRISPRtest_GBlue™ Mouse Functional Cas9 Essential-Gene Knockout Assay for Murine Cells, GFP / BFP Fluorescence (cat.# CRTESTMGB)
This basic protocol is used with all the above assays. However, please confirm which version of the assay you are working and ensure that it is compatible with your target cells and that the fluorescence detection settings are correctly configured. Please read the entire user manual before proceeding with your experiment.
References and Product Citations for all Cellecta products can be found on the Cellecta website:
Please read the entire user manual before proceeding with your experiment. Also, please note that, when working with pseudoviral particles, you should follow the recommended guidelines for working with Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) materials.
PLEASE NOTE: The purchase of all Cellecta Products is covered by Cellecta’s standard Terms and Conditions of Sale as described on Cellecta’s website, and selected Products containing particular technology or having certain features are also subject to restrictions on use as outlined in the Label License section of our website. Please review these Terms and Label License Restrictions before opening and using your Product and, if you are not able to abide by the restriction, contact Cellecta to return the item to Cellecta for a full refund.
Need more help with this?