The following should be considered as part of an upgrade to latest version of Testimony:
1. Latest software transports will need to be applied in the Central system plus Source and Target Systems. The Bot executable will also require an upgrade.
3. Always be aware that when applying Testimony transports to Source or Target systems there should be no or very low activity when upgrading as there will be short dumps for active users. The Testimony enhancements should also be deactivated before transports are deployed.
4. Testimony is NOT backwards compatible because of the nature of some of the new functionality. This means you have to apply the new Transports in the systems and upgrade the Bot machines at the same time.
5. As Testimony is NOT backwards compatible older recordings may not be able to be successfully played back on the newer versions: you will need to check on compatibility between versions by contacting Basis Technologies Support. The best advice is always to record and playback on the same version of Testimony. Anything already executed and with results will still be stored for future reference.
6. New authorisation roles will need to be applied to all users. If copies of roles were taken previously, these will need to be updated as part of the Upgrade.
7. Existing Testimony General Parameters won’t be overwritten by the upgrade, however, you should consider that the default parameters provided, may now be best practice for the operation of Testimony.
8. Please note that if you are an existing Mass Data Runtime (MDR) / Diffuser user, this will need to be carefully managed during the upgrade. Productive use of MDR / Diffuser can be negatively impacted if an Upgrade to ActiveControl is done in isolation of it.