A typical Integration between ActiveControl and another tool will consist of an Inbound and Outbound component.
An inbound integration to ActiveControl will typically consist of such activities as:
1) Automatically creating the Business Task within ActiveControl when the corresponding 3rd Party tool reaches a certain status.
2) Changing a Business Task within ActiveControl as the corresponding 3rd Party tool changes.
2) Signing off a Test Queue, based on a status update made in a 3rd Party tool.
3) Signing off a Test Queue, based on PASS/FAIL information sent from a 3rd Party testing tool.
4) Approving an Inbox or Outbox in ActiveControl, based on a status update made in a 3rd Party tool.
An outbound integration from ActiveControl will typically consist of such activities as:
1) Updating a 3rd Party tool status, based on a status (ie Business Task Deployment Status) change within ActiveControl.
2) Reading information from the ActiveControl Business Task, to update a 3rd Part tool. (eg Transport list, Analysis information).