With automatic accounting for drivers, you can assign a balance or allowance to each driver and make a charge for each job that is dispatched to them. This feature allows you to set your fare charge rate for each driver and track driver transactions to make driver payments simple and easy.
1. Set up and Enable the feature
- In the Admin Panel, Go to Bank and Automatic Accounting
- The first time you use this feature, you will be prompted to enter some initial information. Please make sure to be careful during this initial step, as you won’t be able to return to this initial set up after you have created it.
- Enable the currency that will be used. You can also use Points instead of a currency.
- Click on Create.
- On the next screen, click on Edit and then check Enabled
- If you check Enforce funds you can set a minimum amount of money or points that a driver needs for a certain task.
- Click on the green + sign to add a charge. You can add different charges corresponding to each job stage. The 5 different job stages available are: Accept, Start, Reject, Cancel and Deliver.
- Set either a Fixed fare that will apply to all drivers, or a Dynamic fare that can be different for each driver.
- Click on the Save button.
2. Set the fare charge rate for each driver.
If you have chosen a Dynamic fare to charge on Deliver, you will need to configure the fare change rate for each driver. To do this:
- Go to the Users section in the Admin Panel
- Select a driver and scroll down to the bottom of their profile until you find the Driver Options.
- In here you will be able to enter a Fare charge rate in percentage form.
3. Enable the drivers from the Dispatch.
Once you have set up Automatic Accounting in the Admin Panel, it’s time to configure this feature in the Dispatch.
- Choose Preferences
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Search for the driver and click on Create.
- The Create button will become a Details button. Click on this and you will get a pop up that will allow you to transfer funds to the driver.
4. How it looks from the Driver App
A driver can access information about automatic accounting by clicking on the Finances button. In this section you can see your balance, check your status and keep track of the transactions that have been made.
In this example, a driver has a balance of USD 10 and they will be charged USD 5 when delivering a passenger. As soon as they complete this action (by taking a job and delivering it), their balance will change and it will be immediately reflected in their Transactions. After delivering 3 jobs their balance will turn negative and their Status will change.