The Thematic Mapping tool is accessible under Tools in the hamburger menu. As this tool uses multiple sites, it is not accessible through a site’s Monitoring Station pop-up menu.
In the “Configuration” tab, the user may specify the following:
- Service Selection
- Thematic Map Configuration Setting
- KPI Type Selection
- Event Selection
- Display Selection
1. Service Selection
The user must first define the Organization, Project, and Service for the Thematic Map.
2. Thematic Map Configuration Setting
Clicking this button opens a new tab for the user (opening to the Edit Service page of the Project’s monitoring Service), wherein the general configuration settings for DRMT and Thematic Mapping may be defined.
A number of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) have been predefined:
- Volumetric Coefficient (the ratio of total I/I volume to total rainfall volume)
- Total Precipitation
- Peak Precipitation Intensity over Time of Concentration (Tc)
- Peak I/I Rate
- Peak I/I Coefficient
- Instantaneous Wet Weather Peaking Factor (the ratio of instantaneous peak wet weather flow to peak dry weather flow)
- Hourly Wet Weather Peaking Factor
- Peak Rainfall Intensity
- I/I per Pipe Area
- Average Dry Weather Generation Rate
- Normalized Groundwater Infiltration Rate
- Cumulative Precipitation
- Projected 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, or 100 Year I/I Rate
Each of these KPIs is either event based or time ranged, and has a user-defined color-coding theme (click on the KPI to edit the color theme).
3. KPI Type Selection
Back to the Thematic Map “Configuration” tab, the user selects either event based or time based KPIs.
4. Event Selection
The user selects the wet weather event to be analyzed.
5. Display Selection
The user determines whether to display (1) station labels and (2) KPI on the map.
Once the Thematic Map has been generated, the user can view one KPI at a time on the map, by clicking on the various KPI column headers (clicking on the row takes the user to a specific station). The legend, including KPI thresholds, is found in the lower left hand corner.