The Distributed Rainfall Modeling Technique (DRMT) tool is accessible under Tools in the hamburger menu. As this tool uses multiple rain gauge sites by design, it is not accessible through a site’s Monitoring Station pop-up menu.
In the “Configuration” tab, the user may specify the following:
- Service Selection
- DRMT Configuration Setting (takes the user to the Edit Service page of the project’s monitoring Service)
- Raster Option
- Generate Styling
- Event Selection
1. Service Selection
The user must first define the Organization and Project (if applicable) for the DRMT analysis.
2. DRMT Configuration Setting
Clicking this button opens a new tab for the user (opening to the Edit Service page of the Project’s monitoring Service), wherein the general configuration settings for DRMT and Thematic Mapping may be defined:
- DRMT Boundary: Project Boundary or Fit to Rain Gauges
- Analysis Type: either by Total Volume or Peak Intensity over a timestep (from 5 minutes to 24 hours)
- Minimum Storm Size Filter
- Styling options for raster and contours (with natural breaks / manual, and number of breaks)
3. Raster Option
The user may modify the analysis type either on the DRMT tool page (“Configuration” tab) or in “DRMT Configuration Setting” (Edit Service page) as noted above.
4. Generate Styling
The user may modify the raster styling or the contour styling either on the DRMT tool page (“Configuration” tab) or in “DRMT Configuration Setting” (Edit Service page) as noted above.
5. Event Selection
The user may sort the wet weather events to be analyzed by either date or volume. The drop-down menu notes the storm date and the lowest, highest, and average rain gauge measurements.
The legend for the DRMT raster can be found in the left-hand side tab.
After generating the DRMT raster, the user can further customize the chart using the “Configuration” tab:
- Show Contours (default on)
- Show Flow Meters (default on)
- Show FM Labels
- Show Contour Labels (default on)
- Show FM Boundaries (requires flow monitoring boundaries to be set)
- Candle Stick Map (see Figure below)
A table below the graphical DRMT image notes:
- Every rain gauge used in the DRMT analysis
- Total Volume measured at each rain gauge
- Peak Intensity over Minute Timestep (5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, or 24 hours)
This table may be exported as a .xlsx.