Marketing your institution’s technologies creates undeniable benefits for your university. By making your technologies visible to new partners, you help demonstrate the commercial value of your institution’s research. You also help get groundbreaking research out into the world faster – so that it can start making a difference in peoples’ lives.
On SeedSprint you can market and manage your institution’s emerging technologies via the Technology Profiles section in the left sidebar. Technologies in this section should be those that have IP protection or for which IP protection is being pursued. Published technology profiles will be searchable by potential licensees in SeedSprint’s database and will appear with your institution as the licensor.
Manage technology profiles via Technology Profiles in the sidebar:
- Create new technology profiles manually or automatically via the add institution technology button in the top right of the available technologies page.
- Once created, you can add or edit information manually to create a detailed profile for the technology by selecting the title or the edit button of the technology from the Technology Profiles page. Once on the technology profile page, edit the fields by selecting the pencil icon in the top right corner of each box.
- Alternatively, if your institution has an existing database of available technologies, you can automatically create profiles for each technology. Import technologies yourself via the add institutional technology button or contact us and SeedSprint will help you import technologies from an existing database.
- After technologies are added they must be published before they can become searchable by other users. To publish a technology , simply select all technologies to be published and click Publish on the upper right corner of the technology profiles page.
- Technologies can be unpublished to be removed from other users’ searches or can be deleted or edited via the buttons on the right of the technology profiles page.