View a list of the cameras on your system. Tap on a camera to view live video.
Edit a Camera
To edit camera settings, select Edit in the top left corner, then tap Edit. Next to the camera you want to edit, tap Settings. After you’re done making changes, tap Save.
- Rename Camera: Tap your camera name to rename your camera.
- Record on Motion: Set a camera to record when motion is detected. Choose Always, Never, or When Armed.
- Record on Alarm: Toggle this setting on to record when the system goes into alarm. The camera attempts to provide footage beginning five seconds before an alarm and continuing through fifteen seconds after the alarm. Two additional twenty-second clips are available for a total of one minute of footage.
- Flip Image: Toggle this setting on to change the perspective of ceiling-mounted cameras.
- Motion Detection Regions: Place, adjust, and delete up to four regions of motion detection per camera. The camera attempts to record footage from five seconds before until fifteen seconds after motion is detected in one of the regions of motion detection.
Configure advanced settings in Virtual Keypad for compatible cameras.
- Set Point: On pan and tilt cameras, there is an option to set up to three set points. Once set up, these are quick ways to move the camera field of view to different areas around the room. Adjust the camera using the two bars on the side and bottom of the viewer window. When the camera is covering the area you would like, press and hold the Set Point icon below the viewer window to create the set point. When you tap the Set Point icon, the camera relocates to that exact set point.
- Record Video Clips: Tap the red Record button to manually record a video clip.
- View Recorded Video Clips: Select the Clips icon to view a list of previously recorded video clips.
View recorded video clips listed with the newest at the top of the app. Select Edit near the upper right corner of the screen to delete clips.
Tap a clip to view it. You can edit the following clip settings:
- Rename Clips: Select Video Clip to rename the clip.
- Protect Clips: Toggle on to prevent the video clip from being overwritten.
- Download and Share Clips: Select Share to download a clip to your photos or share to another app.
Add or Reconnect a Video Doorbell
Learn how to set up a video doorbell by completing the following steps. For more information about installing a video doorbell, refer to the appropriate Video Installation Guide.
Add a SecureCom Video Doorbell (Model V-4060DB)
Ensure that your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that the video doorbell will use. This allows the doorbell to automatically inherit your Wi-Fi network during configuration.
After powering up, the doorbell announces that it is ready to be configured. If no action is taken within three minutes, reset the doorbell by pressing and holding the RESET button for 5 seconds. The doorbell announces when the reset sequence is complete.
- Go to the Doorbell tab.
- Tap Edit
- Tap Set Up Doorbell.
- Scan the QR code on the front of the video doorbell. Suggested scanning distance is 2-4 inches. The doorbell sounds when it is synced. If the device is not able to read the QR code, you can try scanning the code again or enter the information manually. If you select manual entry, enter the Serial Number and Verification Code located on the front of the video doorbell.
- Select Configure Wi-Fi.
- When prompted, enter the passphrase for your Wi-Fi network. Tap Continue.
- A QR code appears on your device screen. Hold the QR code in front of the doorbell. Suggested scanning distance is 2-4 inches. When connection is successful, the doorbell states: “Wi-Fi is connected. Doorbell is registered.”
- Give your doorbell a name and tap Finish.
When installation is successful, the doorbell automatically opens a live view window on your device. From the live view, you can arm your system, disarm your system, or activate a favorite. You can also download clips from your doorbell onto your device.
Reconnect the SecureCom Doorbell
If you change your network SSID or password, you’ll need to remove, reboot, and reconnect your video doorbell in the Virtual Keypad app. To re-add a doorbell to your system, complete the following steps:
- Tap the Menu icon and select Video.
- Tap Edit, then tap Delete.
- Tap next to the doorbell that you want to delete.
- Tap OK to delete the doorbell.
- Remove the cover from the video doorbell.
- Hold the reset button for 25 seconds or until the doorbell states “Doorbell is rebooting”.
- Follow the instructions to add your doorbell.
Connect to a Third-Party Service
If you subscribe to a compatible third-party video service like OpenEye or DW Spectrum, you can use these services in Virtual Keypad. Ask your alarm company about enabling compatible integrations.
- Tap the Menu icon, then tap Video.
- Tap Edit, then tap connect for the appropriate third-party service.
- Enter your credentials for the service, then tap Log In.
Once your third-party service’s account is connected in Virtual Keypad, you can connect to and manage cameras.