This collection of help topics applies to the Virtual Keypad mobile app. To access Virtual Keypad from a web browser, visit https://www.virtualkeypad.com/.
To set up a new X1 site, complete the steps in each of the following topics:
- Log in to Virtual Keypad.
- Create groups.
- Create users and assign groups to them.
- Create rules like system rules, auto lock/unlock rules, and holiday schedules.
After completing the steps required for setup manage access control doors and use video. If you want to run reports and set up notifications, log in to the Virtual Keypad web app.
After downloading the Virtual Keypad app, log in to your account using the following steps:
- Open the Virtual Keypad app. The app prompts you to allow notifications.
- Select Allow or Don’t Allow.
- Enter your email address and password. Use the automatically generated password you received in your welcome email. The app prompts you to update your password.
- Select Set Password, Remind Me Later, or Don’t Ask Again.
- Tap Save.
If you set a new password, re-enter your login information.
- Tap Log In.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, then tap Agree to continue. The app asks you to allow access to your location even when you are not using the app. This allows the app to monitor your location for geofencing.
- Tap Allow to allow the app to monitor your location.
Enter your user code and tap Go to access your system.
Reset Your Password
Complete the following steps to reset your password:
- On the log in screen, tap Forgot Password?
- Enter your email address.
- Tap Reset Password.
- Use the temporary password to access your account and change your Virtual Keypad password.
The new password must contain a minimum of 10 characters and two of these four types of characters:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
Contact Your Security Company
Complete the following steps to contact your security company through the Virtual Keypad app:
- Tap Menu.
- The menu options appear, along with your security company’s logo at the top. Tap your security company’s logo.
- Contact information for your security company appears. Choose one of the following contact options:
- To immediately call your security company, select the phone number.
- To send an email to your security company, select the email address.
- To visit the company’s website, select Website.
- To connect with your security company’s social media sites, select one of the social media options.
- To return to the previous screen, select Back.