Dealer Admin supports video verification, which allows central station operators to view live or recorded video from system cameras only in the event of an emergency. This feature helps central station operators make faster, better-informed decisions when determining whether to deploy emergency personnel to a customer’s home or business.
To set up Video Verification, configure global settings on the Dealer page, then configure system settings in System Information.
Configure Dealer Settings
To configure global Video Verification settings, complete the following steps.
- Go to Settings > Dealer and open the Video Verification tab.
- Select Allow Video Verification.
- Enter a number of minutes in Time Window. The default is 30 minutes.
- In Video URL Auth Type, select either Require personnel login or Use Secure ID.
Require personnel login requires the operator to log in to SecureCom servers.
Use Secure ID allows the operator to access video with a URL and does not require them to log in.
- If using Secure ID, press Generate SecureID to generate a secure ID for authorization.
- If necessary, enter a name for the authorization type.
- Press Save.
Configure System Settings
To configure Video Verification for a system, complete the following steps.
- Find the customer and select the relevant account number.
- The System Information page opens. Select Edit.
- In Video, select the types of cameras or NVRs that you want to enable on the system.
- Select Video Verification.
- Press Save.