Prefer a Video?
In this clip, we’ll show you how to upgrade a cellular communicator for XR Series panels.
In this clip, we’ll show you how to upgrade a cellular communicator for XT Series panels.
To replace a cellular communicator, complete the following steps.
- Touch grounded metal to discharge static before handling the panel.
- Disconnect power from the panel. Unscrew and remove the installed communicator antenna.
- Apply even pressure to carefully disconnect and pull the communicator away from the panel CELL MODULE connector. Do not bend the connector pins.
- Hold the communicator inside the enclosure and install the antenna from the top enclosure hole.
- Align the cell communicator connector with the panel CELL MODULE pins. Apply even pressure to seat the communicator.
- Close the enclosure and reapply power to the panel. After the communicator is successfully replaced, Dealer Admin deactivates the replaced 3G communicator and activates the new LTE communicator.
- Test cellular communication before closing the service request.