Auto programming allows a dealer to automatically program a panel when it establishes a connection with Dealer Admin rather than requiring them to manually push a programming template to the system.
- Find the customer and select their name.
- The customer’s summary page opens. In the Systems section, press the Add icon.
- Enter the system name.
- Select a System Type.
- Select Auto Program System, then select a Programming Template.
- Select a Connection Type and enter the appropriate connection information.
- Enter an Account Number.
- Enter the panel Serial Number.
- Select other system options as needed.
- Press Save.
When the system is saved, Dealer Admin will attempt to connect to the panel. If a connection isn’t established, auto programming is scheduled to initiate when the panel responds to the connection request.
The auto programming status is displayed at the top of the system information page and confirms when the process is complete. The process can take up to 10 minutes, depending on the amount of programming to be sent to the panel. To confirm that programming is complete in the field, enter panel programming from a keypad (6653), then go to COMMUNICATION > ACCOUNT NO and ensure that the correct account number is programmed in the panel.