A customer must exist before you can add a system to their account. To learn about creating customers, refer to Add a Customer.
- Go to Customers.
- Select the customer’s name.
- In Systems, select Add.
- Enter a name for the system.
- In System Type, select X1.
- Configure billing address and time options as needed.
- Enter the door controller’s serial number.
- Select Save.
Configure an X1 Door Controller
If door options don’t open automatically, select the X1 that you want to configure.
- Enter a descriptive name for the door.
- In Strike Time, enter the number of seconds that you want the door to unlock when access is granted.
- In Strike Delay, enter the number of minutes that you want to delay the door unlock when access is granted.
- In Reader Protocol, choose a protocol for this door’s readers: Wiegand or OSDP. For OSDP readers, configure buzzer and LED options.
- In Authorization, choose which authorization type can be used to access any of the doors.
- Turn on other options as needed. For details about each option, refer to Available Door Options.
- Select Save.
Available Door Options
- Buzzer (OSDP) allows the reader to beep when a card is read.
- LED (OSDP) allows the reader LED to turn on and operate the same as a Wiegand reader LED, lighting green when the module relay activates. If disabled, the reader LED is turned off and does not operate in any condition.
- Card (Authorization) enables the use of cards for any of the doors.
- Fire Zone indicates this custom output triggers with a fire alarm.
- Fire Exit allows the door to unlock during a fire so people can exit the area.
- Include in Lockdown allow this door to be included when a lockdown is initiated.
- Door Sensor allows a motion detector mounted near the door to trigger a request to exit.
- In Prop Time, enter the number of seconds that you want to allow the door to remain open without triggering an alert.
- Door Forced Message sends a status message any time a door is forced open.
- Request to Exit (REX) requires people to request exit. REX is usually triggered by motion near the door or a button press.
- Unlock on REX appears when the Request To Exit toggle is switched on. Default is switched on. To allow the door to unlock when a Request to Exit input is received, enable the toggle. This is typically for magnetic locks. To allow the door to remain locked when a Request to Exit input is received, disable the toggle. This is typically for door strikes.