Adding an app user to an X1 system automatically adds them as a user in Virtual Keypad.
- Go to Customers.
- Select the customer’s name.
- In the App Users section, select Add.
- For a user that doesn’t have a Virtual Keypad account, select New. For a user that already has an account, select Existing.
- For a new user, enter their email address. For an existing user, start typing to search for their email and select it from the list.
- Set the user’s authority level to either Administrator to manage multiple systems or Standard to manage a single system.
- For a new user, enter their first and last name. If you don’t want to generate a random password for the user, clear Create Random Password then manually enter one.
- If you want to email the user video clips, select Email Video Clips.
- Select systems and permissions for the user.
- Select Save.
Log in as a Customer
To log in to Virtual Keypad and view the system like a customer would, select Log in as Customer. This adds you to the system as a temporary app user with admin privileges without the capability to view video. Your temporary app user expires and is automatically removed from the system after 1 hour.
For more information, refer to Virtual Keypad Help.