Program Your App Key
Before adding a system in Dealer Admin, program your App Key into the panel from the REMOTE OPTIONS menu. If your panel uses the default App Key, it will be automatically programmed by SecureCom. The App Key allows Dealer Admin, the Tech APP, and Virtual Keypad to connect to a panel. To view your App Key, go to Settings > Dealer. For more information about remote options programming, refer to the appropriate panel programming guide.
Set Up the System
To add a system, complete the following steps.
- Find the customer and select their name.
- The customer’s summary page opens. In Systems, press the Add icon .
- Enter the system name, then select a System Type.
- Select a Connection Type. Enter the following information according to the connection type:
- Cellular—Enter a SIM number, then press Get Status. Press Activate.
- EASYconnect—In Serial Number, enter the panel serial number.
- EASYconnect + Cell Backup—In Serial Number, enter the panel serial number. Enter a SIM number for the cellular module.
- Network—In Network Address, enter the panel network’s public IP address or DDNS hostname.
- Enter the system’s receiver number, followed by the Account Number.
- Enter the panel Remote Key. The remote key must match the one programmed in panel REMOTE OPTIONS.
- Configure additional options as needed.
- To confirm proper communication, press Test Connection.
- A dialog pops up to ask if you want to perform the initial connection to the panel. Press Yes.
- Press Save.
Set Up Virtual Keypad (App & Website)
Dealer Admin allows you to choose a system package that preselects Virtual Keypad options. You can enable or disable any of the options as needed. The cost of each item is displayed in each field. The total cost of the system is displayed at the bottom of the page.
Arming—Restrict the Virtual Keypad app to arm/disarm, push notifications, and event history.
Standard—Virtual Keypad includes all of the features in Arming, but also includes user codes, schedules, and geofencing.
Standard + Video Doorbell—Available for all residential and XT Series Commercial installations. Virtual Keypad includes all system features from Standard, but also includes video doorbells.
Virtual Keypad Access—Available for commercial XR Series installations. Virtual Keypad includes all system features from Standard, but also includes door control and advanced reporting.
To set up Virtual Keypad, complete the following steps.
- Choose a system package.
- In Additional Features, select any features that you want to activate.
- If necessary, add tracked outputs, sensors, and doors.
- For access systems, choose any doors that you want to include in the app.
- In Video, choose any options that you want to include.
- Press Save.