- Program Your App Key
- Set Up the System
- Configure Virtual Keypad Options
- Configure Other Features
Program Your App Key
Before adding a system in Dealer Admin, program your App Key into the panel in REMOTE OPTIONS if you changed the default. If your panel uses the default App Key, it will be automatically programmed by SecureCom. The App Key allows Dealer Admin, the Tech APP, and Virtual Keypad to connect to a panel. To view your App Key, go to Settings > Dealer. For more information about remote options programming, refer to the appropriate panel programming guide.
Set Up the System
The options available to you during system setup will depend on the device and connection type. Before you can program or remotely update a panel, you must add it and connect to the panel from Dealer Admin.
- Go to Customers.
- Select a customer to open the Customer Summary.
- In Systems, press Add.
- Enter the system name, then select the panel model from System Type.
- Select a Connection Type. Enter the required connection information as follows:
- For a Cellular connection, enter a SIM number, then press Get Status. If the module is inactive, press Activate.
- For a panel that only uses EASYconnect, enter the panel serial number In Serial Number.
- For a panel that uses EASYconnect + Cell Backup, enter a SIM number, then press Get Status. If the module is inactive, press Activate. Enter the panel serial number In Serial Number.
- For a Network connection, enter the panel network’s public IP address or DDNS hostname in Network Address.
- In Account Number, enter the system’s receiver number in the leftmost field and the system account number in the rightmost field.
- If you’ve programmed a remote key in the panel’s REMOTE OPTIONS menu, enter it in Remote Key.
- Configure additional options as needed.
- To establish connection, press Test Connection, then select Yes to start the test. If the connection fails, troubleshoot connection type settings in Dealer Admin, panel COMMUNICATION and REMOTE OPTIONS programming, and physical configurations.
- Continue to the next section to configure Virtual Keypad options. Otherwise, press Save.
Configure Virtual Keypad (App & Website)
Configuring Virtual Keypad options determines how your users interact with their system in the app. Dealer Admin allows you to choose a system package, then enable or disable any of the options as needed.
- Choose a system package.
- In Additional Features, select any features that you want to activate.
- If necessary, add tracked outputs, sensors, and doors.
- For access systems, choose any doors that you want to include in the app.
- In Video, choose any options that you want to include.
- Continue to the next section to configure other features. Otherwise, press Save.
Configure Other Features
Select any other features from Additional Options, Virtual Keypad Access, and Video that you want to include in the system, then press Save.
- Auto-Program enables you to automatically push programming to a system when it connects to Dealer Admin for the first time. If enabled, you must select a panel firmware version. You must also enter the panel serial number regardless of communication type. Auto-programming is designed for initialized panels, so it will overwrite any existing programming in the panel. If you want to send programming manually, you can do so by enabling pre-programming and not enabling auto-programming. For more information, refer to Auto-Program a System.
- Pre-Program enables you to program the panel with a specific firmware version.
- System Name is required. Give your system a descriptive name that differentiates it from other systems.
- Use Billing Address automatically fills in the customer’s address based on their address in Customer Summary. For more information, refer to Add a Customer.
- Edit Service Address enables you to edit the customer’s address for this system. Only visible if Use Billing Address is not enabled.
- System Type is the panel model. This field is required.
- Firmware Version enables you to select a specific panel firmware version. Required if Auto-Program or Pre-Program is enabled.
- Programming Template enables you to send programming to a system from one of your templates. For more information, refer to Programming Templates.
- Connection Type determines how the system communicates with Dealer Admin. This field is required. For detailed information, refer to Connection Types.
- Sim Number (Cellular connection) is the SIM number assigned to the panel’s cellular communicator.
- Status (Cellular connection) is the activation status of the cellular communicator.
- Rate Plan (Cellular connection) enables you to select panel’s cellular rate.
- Account Number is the account number that you choose to identify a system. You can enter a two-digit receiver prefix from 1-99 and a five-digit account number from 1-65535. Both the receiver prefix and account number are required.
- Cellular Number (Cellular connection) is the number of the cellular communicator. Filled out automatically if you activate a new SIM. This field is required for cell.
- Network Address (Network connection) is the address of the network that you are connecting the system to. This field is required for network.
- Serial Number is the panel serial number. This field is required if you choose an EASYconnect connection type or if you enable Auto-Programming.
- Remote Key if you’ve changed the default remote key in the panel, enter it in this field to enable remote connection.
- Store User Codes allows Dealer Admin and the Tech APP to save and display user codes. Required for system backups. For more information, refer to System Backups.
- Installation Type is filled out automatically depending on system type chosen. Options are Commercial or Residential.
- Install Date defaults to the date the system is created.
- Primary Installer defaults to user currently signed in.
- Sales Person enter the name of the person who sold the system.
- Arming restricts the Virtual Keypad app to arm/disarm only.
- Standard includes all items from Included Features.
- Standard + Video Doorbell (Residential and XT Series Commercial installations) includes all standard system features plus Video Doorbell.
- Virtual Keypad Access (Commercial Installations for XR150/XR550) includes all standard system features plus access control with Advanced Reports (non-cellular systems only).
- None disables Virtual Keypad.
- Automation enables Z-Wave devices like lights, locks, thermostats, and appliances.
- User Code Management allows app users with adequate permissions to fully manage their users in Virtual Keypad.
- Schedule Management allows app users with adequate permission to maintain Arming, Doors, Favorites and Output Schedules based on a system configuration.
- Geofencing enables users to create geofences so favorites are activated when they leave or enter a geographical area.
- Traffic Count enables tracking and reporting for zone activity counts.
- Visible Outputs allows app users with adequate permission to control system outputs.
- Sensor Activity enables users to receive notification on activity for up to 50 zones.
Virtual Keypad Access
- Door Control allows app users with adequate permission to lock, unlock temporarily grant access, and lock down public doors.
- Advanced Reports enables real-time status for access control doors and allow users to receive reports on related events.
- SecureCom Video and NVRs enables SecureCom video devices. Stream live video from up to two eight-channel NVRs. Or view recorded clips from up to 16 SecureCom or Digital Watchdog/DMP video cameras.
- Video Doorbell enables the SecureCom Video Doorbells.
- Central Station Video Verification provides Video Verification services to the monitoring center.
- OpenEye enables OpenEye Cloud-to-Cloud integration.
- Hikvision NVR enables Hikvision NVR integration.
- EagleEye enables Eagle Eye Cloud-to-Cloud integration.
- DW Spectrum® enables Digital Watchdog Blackjack or DW Cloud integration.