Motion Capture is currently a PitchTracker feature that is still under construction. There is more to come on this exciting part of PitchTracker!
As Motion Capture stands now, it is another spot for you to record video. While our main Dual Capture Video View is meant to be set up behind the pitcher, Motion Capture is meant to be set up beside the pitcher. With this video section we want to catch the pitcher in their stride. Another difference between the two video views is Dual Capture Video contains the ability to chart pitches while recording, Motion Capture does not.
To record Motion Capture video in a Session:
- Pair your ball and start a Pitch Session!
- Select the green square in the lower right corner (under the camera icon)
- Select the stick figure icon from the menu that pops up
- Start throwing!
- Our video is constantly recording and will automatically clip each pitch. So there is no need for a play/pause button.
- You will see the metric view (to the left) populate with data once a pitch is thrown
- To the right of the screen, select the pitch type
- Once you’ve tagged several pitches, our Auto Pitch Type Detection will start to auto tag them for you!
- Throw another pitch
- You will see the metric view (to the left) populate with new data
- Tag the correct pitch type to the right of the screen.
- Continue throwing!