Dual Capture Video is an important feature in the PitchTracker app that every pitcher should utilize. Dual Capture Video allows the user to get more in depth with their metrics and improve their game by recording video and tagging pitches in the strike zone at the same time. When you first start a Pitch Session, you are in Dual Capture Video View; this is the default mode upon starting a Pitch Session. If you are trying to navigate back to Dual Capture Video View from a different Pitch Session View, click on the green box icon at the bottom of your screen (under the camera icon). Select the video camera icon (second icon from the top).
To record Dual Capture video in a Session:
- Pair your ball and start a Pitch Session!
- Set up your camera to best capture your motion
- Size and place your strike-zone
- Start throwing!
- Our video is constantly recording and will automatically clip each pitch. So there is no need for a play/pause button.
- You will see the metric view (to the left) populate with data once a pitch is thrown
- To the right of the screen, select the pitch type
- Once you’ve tagged several pitches, our Auto Pitch Type Detection will start to auto tag them for you!
- Select in the strike-zone where the pitch ended up
- It will appear bright and match the color and shape of the pitch type selected to the right
- Throw another pitch
- You will see the metric view (to the left) populate with new data
- If the auto tagged pitch type was incorrect, tag the correct pitch type on the right of the screen.
- The previous pitch will disappear from the strike-zone and you will chart your new one.