Upon application, an honorably discharged veteran of World War II, the Korean Conflict or the Vietnam Conflict will be awarded a diploma, provided that he or she: (1) Resided within an area currently within the District at the time he or she left high school. ; (2) Left high school before graduating in order to serve in the U.S. Armed forces and has not received a high school diploma or GED (high school equivalency).