A student will receive high school credit for taking an independent study through an institution provided the course is not offered by the district (the student has exhausted the school’s curriculum) and the student obtains the consent of a supervising teacher, area Department Chair, Guidance Counselor, and the Assistant Principal for Student Services before instruction begins. Prior approval forms are available in the Counseling Office.