Tip 7.7: Change Dispositions of Applicants and Record Ratings and Comments Using Offline Excel Template (Legacy inspira Tool)
- At the bottom of the job opening landing page, click the Change Dispositions menu and then select Change Dispositions Offline via Excel.
- Check the types of applicants for which the preliminary evaluation upload will be conducted (e.g. Screen, Longlist).
- Click Search.
- On the next page, click Select All at the bottom of the page to conduct preliminary evaluation on all applicants with the chosen disposition. The evaluation may be conducted in smaller batches.
- Click on Download Applicants.
- A file will be downloaded and will appear at the bottom of the screen. Save the file in a preferred location. Make sure that the document is saved with a .xml extension, which is the default.
- At the top of the page, click Download Offline Preliminary Evaluation Template. An Excel file will download.
- Save the Excel file in a preferred location and open the file. The Excel file has two worksheets: Introduction and Applicants.
- In the Introduction worksheet of the Excel file, click on Import Applicant Data, the first grey rectangle.
- When prompted, find and open the .xml file which was previously downloaded. The applicant information will be automatically uploaded into the Applicants worksheet of the Excel file.
- Proceed to fill the fields in the Applicants worksheet (e.g. Ratings, Comments, Dispositions).
- Enter ratings only if the rating for academics, experience or language is unsatisfactory. Otherwise, a blank field in any of these areas would represent a satisfactory rating.
- Once the template is filled out, in the Introduction worksheet of the Excel file, click Export Applicant Data, the green rectangle.
- This will create a .xml file named export. Save it in a preferred location. Make sure that the document is saved with an .xml extension, which is the default.
- At the bottom of the job opening landing page, click on the Change Dispositions menu, and choose
Change Dispositions Offline via Excel.
- This time mark the Upload Offline Evaluation check box.
- Click on Upload Applicants.
- A pop-up will appear for choosing the export file, which was previously created.
- Find and open the export file. Click the Upload button.
- The online preliminary evaluation screen will appear, which should now be populated with the information from the offline excel template. Review and spot check.
- Click on Select All on the lower left side of the page.
- Click on Save Preliminary Evaluations.
- A pop-up will provide the status of the upload and errors, if any. Click OK. Click Return to Previous Page.
Last modified: 1 August 2023