This manual provides guidance to staff members responsible for the administration of the Staff Selection System according to Administrative Instruction ST/AI/2010/3 or as subsequently amended. Staff members should pay special attention to the chapters specified below according to their role:
- Hiring Manager 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9, 10
- Staffing Table Managers: 1, 2, 5, 8, 10, 12
- Senior recruiters and recruiters: All chapters
- Senior Review Group (SRG) and Central Review Body (CRB): 3, 9
- Heads of departments, offices, missions and other major organizational units up to D-1 (hereinafter, heads of entities): 1, 10, 11
- Occupational group managers may perform the hiring manager, staffing table manager and recruiter roles refer to all the relevant chapters
The manual explains the standard procedures and best administrative practices to be followed for the implementation of ST/AI/2010/3, or as subsequently amended, including advice on how to use the UN talent management platform, _ inspira_. This manual shall not be construed to grant any entitlement to applicants. For D-2 level job openings, additional or different requirements to this manual may apply. Those requirements will be provided to relevant stakeholders of the staff selection process by the Secretariat of the Senior Review Group.
Heads of entities with full delegation for human resources management, and those to whom they delegate their authority, may approve exceptions from ST/AI/2010/3, or as subsequently amended, as long as they are consistent with General Assembly resolutions and the Staff Regulations and Rules. All such exceptions shall be fully documented, including the reasons thereof, and shall be reported within 24 hours to the Business Transformation and Accountability Division (BTAD), Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance.
Exceptions from the current manual may also be approved by heads of entities with full delegation for human resources management in a manner consistent with General Assembly resolutions, the Staff Regulations and Rules and administrative issuances. Although there is no requirement to report exceptions from the manual to the Under-Secretary-General for Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance, the exceptions should be fully documented and recorded internally.