The following fields provides guidance on how to complete each field of the Job Details page Tip 2.2.
Expand each item for a description:
- Openings to Fill
- This represents whether there are limited or unlimited openings for this position. Limited should be used for standard requisitions, recruit from roster or D-2 level job openings and Unlimited should be used for continuous/generic job openings.
- Target Openings
- By default, the value of this field is 1. It indicates the number of openings expected to be filled by this job opening. For example, if the same job opening will be used to fill two distinct positions, the value should be 2.
- Available Openings
- By default, the value of this field is 1. It indicates the number of available vacancies and the maximum number of candidates that can be selected at the selection stage by this job opening. It must be the same number as Target Openings at this stage.
- Business Unit
- This is auto-populated from the Primary Job Opening Information. If it is not populated or is incorrect, it should be changed to the correct business unit.
- This should always be UNS (United Nations Secretariat).
- From the dropdown menu, the correct department or office or entity should be selected. It should normally align with the department or office or entity selected for Business Unit.
- Organizational Unit
- This is auto-populated from the Primary Job Opening Information if the Umoja position number was entered in that page. Otherwise, the organizational units who have direct delegation from the Secretary-General for staff selection decisions may be entered in this field.
- Duty Station
- This indicates the duty station of the position. It is auto-populated from the Primary Job Opening Information if the Umoja position number was entered. If there are multiple positions in multiple duty stations, click on Add Additional Duty Stations to add other duty stations.
- Status Code (mandatory)
- This field is non-editable. It will show 005 Draft at this stage.
- Status Reason (mandatory)
- This should remain blank.
- Status Date (mandatory)
- Non-editable. It will show the current date at this stage.
- Desired Start Date (optional)
- It reflects the date the selected candidate is expected to assume responsibilities for this position.
- Projected Fill Date (optional)
- It indicates the date the hiring manager expects the selection decision to be made.
- Roster Type (mandatory)
- Non-editable. It will show E-General.
- Source Type
- This indicates the document that will be used as the basis for the creation of the job opening. One of the following three options should be selected:
- JD – an individually classified job description or standard job description;
- GJP – a generic job profile;
- Approved JO – a previously published job opening.
- Post Nature (mandatory)
- This indicates the document that will be used as the basis for the creation of the job opening. One of the following options should be selected:
- Geographical (G) – established regular budget positions in the Professional and higher category which are geographical posts subject to the system of desirable ranges;
- Language (L) – language positions in the Professional and higher categories;
- Regular (R) – regular budget or support account positions in the Professional and higher categories which are non-geographical and non-language, and which are not located in Special Political Missions. It may include General Temporary Assistance positions funded from the regular budget;
- Project (E) – project funds positions, typically used for experts and advisors, in the field in the Professional and higher categories;
- Extra-budgetary (X) – positions financed through voluntary contributions or extra-budgetary resources other than project funds.
It may include General Temporary Assistance, temporary or Temporary Assistance for Meetings type-posts in the Professional and higher categories;
- Mission (M) – positions in peacekeeping operations funded through peacekeeping budgets or in special political missions, in the
Field Service and Professional and higher categories;
- Other (O) – positions in the General Service or related categories (regardless of funding), except the National Professional Officer category;
- The staffing table manager should fill this field with the Umoja post number.
- Employee Being Replaced
- The name of the regular incumbent who is being replaced should be entered here unless it is not applicable (e.g. for new positions).
Last modified: 22 November 2021