- Applicants who have indicated having the minimum education level specified in the job opening are released to the hiring managers irrespective of the area of the studies, i.e. a high school diploma, or a first level degree
(Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) or an advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) with the corresponding length of work experience. The standard academic qualification and work experience requirements are shown in Annex I. It is the hiring managers’ responsibility to determine who possesses the qualification in the areas specified in the job opening.
- Most applicants choose degrees which are preloaded in inspira. However, hiring managers may encounter academic qualifications with the following statements and marks in the PHP, which mean the following:
I certify that my education qualification was not recognized as a degree, but I have been granted an amnesty to apply and be considered and selected for positions at my current personal grade according to
Section 6.4 of ST/AI/2018/5 on listing and recognition of academic degrees. In my applications, I will attach a copy of the decision to grant the amnesty in the Cover letter & Attachments tab.
This means the staff members are deemed to meet the minimum education requirement for their current level and category.
- I cannot find my university or degree, but the UN has recognized my degree at the level I have specified in this application (Attach a copy of the decision in the Cover letter & Attachments tab).
This means the applicants have been advised by the UN that their degree is recognized at that level.
- I cannot find my university or degree but I certify that
- this degree was conferred by an institution which was accredited to issue such a degree by the competent national authorities of the country where the institution was based; and that
- at the time of its conferral, this degree was recognized as being at the level I have specified in this application by the competent national authorities of the country where the degree issuing institution was based.
This means the applicants are confident that their degree is issued by an institution accredited to issue it.
- The degree is pending accreditation review pursuant to Sections 4.2 to 4.5 of ST/AI/2018/5 on listing and recognition of academic degrees.
This means the staff members have requested for a review of their degree to the Executive Office or local human resources office, and no decision has been made yet.
- Academic qualifications are generally verified through the reference verification process.