- The legacy interview report module is accessible through the Manage Applicants page. This tool allows HMs to record findings with a narrative interview report and does not register outcomes based on standard competency indicators Tip 7.11.
- Each competency rating is represented by a number: 1 for Unsatisfactory, 2 for Partially Satisfactory,
3 for Satisfactory and 4 for Outstanding. The final rating recorded in inspira for each competency is based on the panel’s agreed scoring methodology: it may be based on the consensus score of the entire panel based on the definition or the average of the scores given by each member of the panel.
- When averaging multiple scores, it is recommended for each panel member to allocate a rating (without half points) for each competency based on the definition. The panel’s final rating would depend on where the average score for each competency fall among the following ranges:
- 1 or higher but less than 2: Unsatisfactory
- 2 or higher but less than 3: Partially Satisfactory
- 3 or higher but less than 4: Satisfactory
- 4: Outstanding
Last modified: 22 November 2021