- The United Nations Careers Portal is the right place to start looking for opportunities in the United Nations. Applicants may also access job openings through Inspira, the United Nations’ talent management platform. While both websites may be used to browse and search job openings, applicants must create an account in Inspira to submit applications.
- In the Search Job Openings section, applicants may conduct an open search or enter search criteria such as the job category. Click Search and browse job openings.
- Click the job title to learn more about the position.
- The United Nations Careers Portal is available in both English and French. Applicants can change the language by clicking Français or English on the top right side of the browser page.
- To search job openings in Inspira, applicants need an account. If they already have an account, they may log in to Inspira by entering the username and password. Otherwise, applicants should create an account according to the instructions provided in the Opening an Account section.
- Inspira is available in both English and French. Applicants can change the language by clicking Français or English below the login button.
- After logging in, enter keywords such as job title or duty station in the Job Search tile of the Applicant / Staff Member Activity Center to look for job openings (1 year or longer) or temporary job openings (less than 1 year). Click Search.
- For an advanced search, use the expanded set of search fields to locate job openings using any combination of keyword, category, level, time of posting, job network, job family and duty station. Click the job title to learn more about the position.
- Applicants may click Save Search Criteria to keep the search results and receive notifications for new job openings matching the search criteria. When saving the search criteria, applicants will be asked to name the search. They may set up notifications by checking the box Use As Job alert. Once that has been done, click Save Search. Job alerts are not available for temporary job openings.
- Applicants may view saved searches and job alerts by clicking My Saved Searches & Job Alerts link on the top of the Job Search page. Saved job criteria and job alerts are active for a period of one year and must be renewed before or at the end of this period.
- To mark specific job openings for later, applicants may click the star icon ( ) on the far-right side of the searched job opening from the search list or in the title box after opening the job opening. Once the icon fills up in yellow ( ), applicants may see the job openings again by clicking My Favorite Jobs at the top of the Inspira home page.
- Notifications relating to job applications, job alerts, selections, etc. may be viewed by clicking My Notifications on the Inspira home page.
Last modified: 22 April 2023