Integration with When To Work scheduling is designed for employers who already use When To Work, or have a need for more advanced scheduling capabilities beyond those built in to Telephone Timesheets.
Here are some of the key features of When To Work.
Integration with When To Work allows you to take advantage of the robust scheduling capabilities of When To Work in combination with the time tracking, daily operations, reporting, and notifications system of Telephone Timesheets. Once the integration is established, your When To Work schedules, positions, and categories will automatically synchronize with Telephone Timesheets. No need to maintain schedules in two systems. Maintain your scheduling process in When To Work, and those schedules will always stay in sync with Telephone Timesheets.
Once the integration is in place, proper data format for employee names must be followed in Telephone Timesheets.
Here are the data format rules to follow:
1. Employee Display Names in Telephone Timesheets (e.g. John Smith) must match exactly with the First Name and Last Name in When To Work.
2. Job Site names will import directly from When To Work positions. There is no need to create Job Sites Telephone Timesheets. However, you will likely want to update the Job Sites with information like the street address. If you do create a Job Site in Telephone Timesheets, the name must match exactly with the Position names in When To Work.
3. All Jobs and Schedules will be created automatically by the When To Work synchronization process. This process runs every time you make changes in When To Work.
- Job names must not be edited in Telephone Timesheets. You can, however, edit other attributes of Jobs, such as notification profiles and break times.
- Schedules will be maintained 100% in When To Work, so no schedulee time or date edits are allowed in Telephone Timesheets.
If there are any mismatches for employees (e.g. When To Work has Jimmy Smith and Telephone Timesheets has Jim Smith) then you will see synchronization error messages in an email that goes out each morning. You can also force a full synchronization anytime by navigating to Admin —> When To Work in the admin portal.
Post your comment on this topic.