When creating a schedule, there are two primary decisions to make.
- Who will get scheduled. Choices are:
Individual Employee: In this case, every day in the schedule entry will have just one known employee. e.g. John Smith, Monday-Friday
Multiple Employees: In this case, each day in the schedule entry can be unique. e.g. John Smith and Frank Jones Monday & Tuesday, but Sally Johnson on Friday.
Any Employee: In this case, every day in the schedule entry will have the special “Any Employee” with a count. e.g. Any Employee with count of 3, Monday-Friday. In this case, the system does not know who will work, but it does know that 3 people must clock in.
- The Frequency of the schedule. Choices are:
1. Recurring schedules. For example, every Friday from 8pm to 11pm, or every 3rd Wednesday of the month from 2pm to midnight. Any type of recurrence is supported.
2. One-time schedules. For example, November 26th from 5pm to 9pm.
These schedules can be viewed in two ways:
1. Series View. This allows you to see the rules that were used to create a one-time or recurring series of shifts.
2. Shift View. This allows you to see a weekly calendar view of each shift for a particular job.
You can use the Shift View to modify an individual shift.
To create a one-time or recurring schedule entry, click on the icon in the upper right corner of the portal.
This will bring you to the New Schedule edit screen where you can enter the employee(s), job, and days of the week, start date, end date, etc.