To add a member click the ‘Add Member’ sub-menu. You can then add an individual’s details using the drop-down option lists on this screen.
A red asterisk (*) indicates a field that must be completed for the record to be successfully submitted to the Surfguard database.
Mandatory fields include First Name, Last Name, Gender and Date of Birth, Home & Postal Address fields and Date Joined. These criteria help identify individual sets of data within Surfguard. By clicking the ‘Check for Duplicate’ button under Date of Birth, you can search the database for similar entries using the four mandatory fields (First and Last Name, Gender and DOB). For example, if two family members with the same name join the same Club, they will be differentiated by their respective dates of birth.
- Occupation Field – A member’s occupation will automatically default to “Student” if the member is aged up to 16 years old.
- Preferred Name/ Family name – use if a member wishes to go by nickname or maiden/ married name.
- Post nominal – This is a list of letters displaying after a members name that have been nominated by orders from the government and letters from Professional associations in Australia. eg AO, OAM, QC, JP
- Returned Mail flag – A checkbox for each address type (Home, Postal and Emergency Contact) displays. This allows club administrators to flag the address if it is incorrect and mail has been returned to sender. The flag has been added to a number of member details reports giving access to reporting on all members with incorrect addresses.
- *Email Address *- 2 email addresses can be added, however, email communication sent via Surfguard only sends to Email Address 1.
- Do not Send SMS/Email – It is a legal requirement of the Privacy Act that Clubs action requests by members who do no want any information sent to them via Email or SMS. These must be checked for a member who requests either or both options. Once any or all of the boxes are ticked the member will no longer receive any communication from any level of the organisation.
- Member Protection Fields and Police Check – please check with your State centre how to complete these fields as each State has different requirements based on the state legislation requirements.
- Member injured/ Light Duties information – a person will not be able to have patrol hours entered against their name if the Injured/ Light Duties box has been ticked in the member details area. This is to prevent a person from patrolling if they are under a Workcover/return to work activity.
- Members Portal Account Details – will be blank if a member has not created a Member Area account. If there is an account created the details displayed include Username, Created Date & Last Login Date.