NOTE: Photos can only be uploaded if they have a minimum width of 700 and a maximum of 1300. The ideal width is 1000. If the new image has to be resized open the image up in “paint”. When you have it opened in Paint
- click Resize
- tick the Pixels also
- tick Maintain aspect ratio.
- Change the Horizontal to 1000 and
- click OK.
Step 1 – Uploading A Photo in ABSAMP
- Click Maintenance > Import Photos (the most recent photo will appear)
- Click “New Photo” (Failing to do this will replace the “current” photo if you save)
- Click “Choose File”, update the details (Typical settings are Photo Type : Ground, Scale 1:1, current date)
- Click “Save”
Step 2 – Attaching a Photo to a Beach to Display in Beachsafe
- Click “Beaches” from the main menu
- Click “General Details”
- Clear the Beach Key and Beach Name (they both default to “delete”) and type your Beach key into the Beach Key field, click “Find Beach”. Use caution using “Beach Name to “search” as duplicate beach names do exist (e.g. Sorrento WA vs Sorrento Vic).
- On the lower right-hand side of the page, click “Attach Photos”
- Click “View New Photos” then click “Select Photo”. Uses the drop-down arrow, the photos are named images/yyyy-mm-dd followed by a timestamp and the original file name.
- Display Sequence: If you only have one photo for that beach, put in 1; if you have more than one photo for that beach, update “Display Sequence” with the sequence number for that photo (e.g. 3).
- Click Attach Photo
- Once you have uploaded new photos they either update overnight or if it is urgent you can log a support ticket with the SLSA IT Helpdesk including the name of the beach & beach key and we can do a forced update.
Deleting Photos from a Beach
The following steps will enable you to remove photos from a beach
- Click on the “Beaches” tab in the drop-down select “General Details”
- Enter the beach key or beach name and click Find Beach
- Scroll down to the bottom and on Right Hand Side (RHS) click “Attach Photo”
- From the “Select Photo” drop-down find the photo you don’t want
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Detach Photo”