New Assessment Request page has a number of sections. Scroll down to view more details for some of the sections
- Assessment Details
- Award Details
- Units of Competency
- Contact Information
- Enrolment Source Details
- List Candidates In Other Assessments
- External Candidates
- Award – Upon the successful completion of an assessment, the member is allocated the new award(s)
- Proficiency – The member must already hold the award in order to participate in the assessment for a proficiency. Upon successful completion of the assessment, the member’s award record(s) is/ are updated with the proficiency date.
- Bulk Proficiency – One-step processing of Skills Maintenance/ Proficiencies. The bulk proficiency process cuts out three stages of the approval process in a current proficiency assessment (States can restrict function if they wish).
- Credit Transfer – Upon the successful completion of an assessment, the member is allocated new award(s) but does not have to actually sit an assessment since they already did the assessment at another external organisation. It is when an award is exactly the same. An example is Red Cross/ St John’s First Aid, a member will be given Credit Transfer as it is identical as the SLSA award.
- Recognition of Current Competence/ Prior Learning – Upon the successful completion of an assessment, the member is allocated new award(s) but does not actually sit an assessment since they have the experience from such things as work, etc.
Award Details and Units of Competency
The default is to display All Award Types, however, from the drop-down you can select
- AQTF Module
- AQTF Qualification
- AQTF Unit of Competency
- SLSA Education
The awards drop-down will show all Awards based on the Award Type selected. Note: awards that have been created for a specific State will only display for Users in that State eg QLD Tractor Induction will only display for Queensland Users.
Units of Competency (UOC)
The UOC’s are all added in the Award creation and will prefill based on the selected Award.
Assessors and Trainers
If you need to add an Assessor or Trainer to an assessment you can search by either Member ID or First Name and Last Name. Once the Assessor or Trainers appears in Available on LHS you can use the > to move them across to Selected.
To retrieve a list of eligible members for the Award you have two options
- Search by Member ID, First Name or Last Name and click Get Candidates; or
- Click Get candidates button
A list of members will appear that fulfil all prerequisite requirements for the chosen award. Eligible candidates, who fulfil all prerequisite requirements for the chosen award, will appear in Available on LHS you can use the > to move them across to Selected on RHS.
3. If a member does not display and you believe they are eligible, tick the box next to Include Non-Financial Members
Only members who are not already in another incomplete assessment request for the chosen award or proficiency will be listed in the available candidate’s list.
To view the prerequisites for an award, use the Award Reference Report at bottom of the screen.