To send an Email or SMS Message
- Select whether an email or SMS is to be sent by selecting Output Format from the dropdown list (Email is the default).
- Use the filters to select the group of people you wish to email or SMS.
- Ensure you select the appropriate filters so you only email or SMS the group of people you want.
- Click Display Report when all appropriate fields have been selected. A new screen will open with the results.
- Enter the message details such as title and message.
- Email Attachments: To attach a file to an email, click the ‘Add Attachment’ button and then click the Browse button and navigate to the file you wish to attach.
- To add further attachments, click the ‘Add Attachments’ button again. To remove an attachment click on the Remove button.
- Agree to the declaration in order to send an email or SMS.
All people searched for are returned whether they have a valid email/mobile number or not, and including those who may have opted not to receive email/SMS communication. This allows you to see those who can be sent a message and those who will not be
- Select people from the list by ticking their box.
- When all message recipients are selected, click Send.
Note: You can only attach files of the following types: csv, images, pdf, power point, rich text, spreadsheets, text, word documents, zip/gzip. Total Max File Size (sum of all file sizes) = 1.5Mb%
When sending an SMS, a maximum of 150 recipients may be selected using the SMS function.
A maximum of 140 characters per SMS message is allowed for Latin/ English Character Set encoding (i.e., standard English). A maximum of 30 characters per message is allowed for Universal Character Set (for Non-English characters) encoding.
The message will end in ‘powered by telstra’
SMS are for emergencies and recommend using it for Email Functionality.