(a) A pre carnival safety briefing may be conducted in conjunction with the officials, coaches and team managers before the commencement of IRB competition. The following items may be included:
- (i) An explanation of all the safety procedures that shall be observed by all competitors.
- (ii) Patient care and indicative water temperature.
- (iii) Identification of the location of emergency and first aid areas during the competition.
- (iv) Forecast of surf and weather conditions for the competition period, and any inherent dangers.
- (v) Safety and rescue plan and, contingency relocation plan.
- (vi) Attention shall be drawn to Section 1 – Competition Safety in the Surf Sports Manual.