(a) The guidelines for the Competition Disciplinary Committee are:
- (i) The relevant SLSA authority conducting the competition shall supply the Competition Disciplinary Committee with the name, contact address and phone number at the competition site of the manager of every participating team.
- (ii) Any complaint received by the Competition Disciplinary Committee must be in writing or the Complainant must be prepared to attend a meeting or inquiry of the Competition Disciplinary Committee as and when required.
- (iii) The Competition Disciplinary Committee may also instigate a course of inquiry which may include the appointment of an Investigator to ascertain if an offence has been committed and proceed to make a complaint. The Competition Disciplinary Committee may then proceed as if the complaint had been made by another Person.
- (iv) The member or members against whom the complaint is made shall be entitled to be present at every hearing accompanied by their Team Manager, or Club Captain, or another Person.
- (v) The Competition Disciplinary Committee shall provide to the authority conducting the competition a written report that includes the names and addresses of all Parties who gave evidence together with a summary of the inquiry and details of the findings of the Committee, its recommendations and penalties applied (if any).
(b) The procedure at meetings or inquiries shall be:
- (i) The charge or reference to the Competition Disciplinary Committee shall be read to the member or representative of the clubs concerned.
- (ii) The evidence of the Complainant shall be tendered.
- (iii) The evidence of the member or members against whom the complaint is made shall be tendered.
- (iv) Each Witness shall be subject to examination by the Party (if any) on whose behalf they are called and then to cross examination by the opposing Party or Parties. The Party calling the Witness shall have the right to re-examine him, but no other examination or cross-examination shall be allowed except by leave of the Competition Disciplinary Committee.
- (v) Hearsay and irrelevant evidence shall not be admitted if objected to by any Party concerned or by the Competition Disciplinary Committee Chairman.
- (vi) Witnesses other than the Party charged shall remain out of hearing of the inquiry until called upon to give their evidence.
(c) After the evidence has been completed the Competition Disciplinary Committee shall consider the same in private and if the charge is found proved may impose a penalty. Notice of the finding and any penalty imposed shall be given immediately in writing by the Chairman of the Competition Disciplinary Committee to the member concerned and to the club of which they are a member and to the Branch, and State Centre to which the club is affiliated. The penalty (if any) shall become effective immediately and the Person charged, any official or other Parties involved in the inquiry, shall be informed of their rights of appeal (if any).