(a) A Competition Committee shall be appointed which shall direct all matters relating to the actual delivery of the event and conduct of the competition. This Committee may, subject to the rules in this Manual, postpone and/or cancel and/or alter any or all events, and/or to alter the venue of the competition. This Committee shall, as appropriate, seek and receive advice from the Referee, Safety and Emergency Committee lifesaving/lifeguarding personnel and the Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator on safety issues. The Competition Committee shall also consult the Referee, appropriate officials, recognised subject matter experts and the Organising Committee when required on any matter relating to the organisation and conduct of the competition.
(b) The composition of the Competition Committee will be determined by SLSA or the relevant Organising Committee and may include:
- Competition Organiser (chair)
- Safety and Emergency Management Coordinator
- Competition Director
- Deputy Referee(s)
- Logistics Officer
- Technical Adviser(s)
- Local Organising Body Representative
- Local Lifesaving/lifeguarding Authority Representative (where appropriate)
- Area/Sectional Referee(s)
- Communications Coordinator
- Medical/First Aid Coordinator
(c) Formal records of any meetings of the Competition Committee must be taken and kept.