Contests are the races that you wish to run within your Event i.e.: Open Male Surf Race.
A contests is made up of a specific Contest Class (age/gender) and a Contest Type (Beach Flags).
SLSA has created a full suite of Contest Class and Contest Types within SEMS that can be used by all levels of the organisation.
From the Home page, highlight the name of your Event and select Contests from the sub menu bar.
Click on the New button (located bottom left side of screen) to commence building your Contests. All the red fields are compulsory.
1. Class – Select the class for your Contest i.e.: Open Female, 30-35 yrs from the drop-down box
2. Discipline – Select the Discipline for your Contest i.e.: Board or multi discipline for Ironman
3. Type – Select the Type of Discipline for your contest i.e.: Board Race, Board Relay, Board Rescue
4. *Details’ – The name for the contest is the display name and you can edit this.
5. *Code*- All SLSA Events have codes, place your Contest Code here but it is not compulsory
6. Starts – Enter the date for when this Contest will first take place within your Event (optional) but relevant if you wish to use check in your Officials
7. Area – Using the drop down box select the area that the contest will take place. (Areas names are set up in the Event – Area Page)
- Set the max number of entries allowed for this contest for the whole event. Defaults to 9999
- Set the max number of entries allowed per club for a contest. Defaults to 999
- Set the min number for gender specific Contests i.e.: team must have 2 females in it.
There are 3 rules that gets applied when it comes to mark a team as complete. Also, they get applied in the given sequence.
a: Number of competitors places that are filled – we do not restrict team from saving is this rule is not fulfilled but mark the team as incomplete
b: Min male/female rule where the min number of male/female condition is checked for the entered competitors. But here also, we do not restrict team from saving is this rule is not fulfilled but mark the team as incomplete
c: Min combined rule – this rule validates the combined age of total number of competitors with the min combined age specified on the contest details page. Here, the system restricts the user from saving the team if the condition is not fulfilled.
Please note that all the above rules are applied only for the competitor roles and not for assistants or officials.
8. If you wish to override a Contest’s ‘gender’ rules by Role, check this checkbox
If you wish to define specific Age Rules by Role, check this checkbox
9. Hit the ‘Save’ button to return to your Contest list page