In some cases, model parameters are available in GIS layers. The Calculate LandUse Percentage tool reads the parameter values, calculate the area weighted value if necessary and then as-sign to catchments LandUse. To use this tool:
- Add the GIS layer that has the parameter information.
- Select catchments whose landuse will be updated.
- Click the Calculate LandUse Percentage button located in the GIS Tab . The Calculate LandUse Percentage Parameter window will appear. Notice that the number of selected catchments is shown at the top of the window.
- Choose the Source Layer and the Source Field, where the parameter values will be retrieved. The source layer should be a polygon layer and the source field could be any type. In this case, we choose Percentimp, which is a numerical field indicating the percentage of impervious area in the polygon.
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the window. A message window will appear, indicating that the landuse of selected hydrologic objects has been added to water quality data in project manager.
- The Close button at the bottom of the window can be used to close the window.
Thanks for your feedback.