Lesson 3 – 15 minutes
- Identify how rips are formed and what they look like
- Understand how to escape a rip
- DVD demonstrating Rips (optional)
- Whiteboard and markers (optional)
- Butchers paper and pens (optional)
- Discuss with participants how a rip works and what one looks like.
- If there is a clearly visible rip working at your beach take the participants to an elevated position where you can see the rip and point out the features.
- Ask the group if they know what to do if caught in a rip, discuss the correct procedure
Thanks for your feedback.