Lesson 1 – 25 minutes
- Know their way around their surf club and beach
- Identify the junior activities boundaries.
- Ensure the surf club is available for a tour.
- Sit the participants in a group
- Welcome them to the surf club.
- Take the participants on a tour of the surf club – explain each area you visit. Make sure the tour visits the following places:
- Bathroom/Changing Rooms (remind participants that they should always ask their Age Manager to go the bathroom and then go with a friend).
- First Aid Room (this is where people are looked after when they are injured).
- Gear Shed (Where all the rescue equipment is stored, show the participants a few items)
- IRB Shed (An IRB is usually set up ready for rescues).
- Take the participants for a walk along the beach.
- As you walk along the beach point out important features on your beach (i.e. rock features, patrol towers, pools etc) If a patrol is operating then discuss the patrol flags and what the lifesavers are doing.
- Finish the beach tour by setting the boundaries for junior activities around the surf club and on the beach.
Thanks for your feedback.