Lesson 10 – 25 minutes
- Enjoy beach sprinting and participating in beach relays
- Marker Cones, Plastic cups.
- Ice-cream containers.
- Water Safety Personnel (Recommended 1:1).
BEACH SPRINT INSTRUCTIONS
- You will line up on the start line with one foot on the line and the other foot behind.
- When you hear the word ‘Go’ you start to run to the finish line at the other end of the track.
- Set up a start and finish line using marker cones and lines in the sand (no more than 20m apart).
- Explain the beach sprint instructions.
- Take the participants to the start line.
- Line the participants up along the start line in groups of about 8.
- Explain to the participants that on ‘Go’ they need to run to the finish line.
- Run through 4 or 5 beach sprints and then start to mix up the way they run:
- Hopping race
- Crawling like a crab
- Running backwards
- Skipping etc
- Participants might also like to come up with their own ideas
CUP AND BUCKET RELAY INSTRUCTIONS
- The frst runner will start with a plastic cup
- You run down to the waters edge and fll the cup up with water
- You then run back to your team trying not to spill any water
- When you get back you tip your water into the ice-cream container on the ground in front of your team
- When the water is all tipped out you pass the cup to the next person in your team
- They will then go and collect some water and so on
- The relay finishes when the ice-cream container has been filled
- Explain the Cup and Bucket Relay instructions.
- Split the participants up into groups of 4 or more.
- On ‘Go’, the first runner starts and the team completes the relay.
Thanks for your feedback.